Robert Colter, DDS
Meet Dr. Colter
- Bachelor of Arts, Indiana University, 1985
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Indiana University School of Dentistry, graduated with High Distinction, 1989
- Post-graduate Orthodontic Residency, Indiana University School of Dentistry Orthodontic Department, Certificate to practice orthodontics and Master of Science, 1991.
- Dean’s Honor Roll, undergraduate and dental school
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Indiana Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- Western Indiana Dental Society
Dr. Colter has served as president of the Western Indiana Dental Association, president of the Indiana Association of Orthodontists, and as a board member for the Indiana Association of Orthodontists.
Dr Colter participates in the Donated Orthodontic Services (DOS) Program which reflects concern among orthodontists about the public’s access to orthodontic treatment. The Indiana Assocation of Orthodontists collaborates with the Dental Lifeline Network to offer the DOS program. The DOS program provides free or low-cost orthodontic care to children whose families cannot afford needed orthodontic treatment.
Away from the office Dr. Colter enjoys spending time with his daughters Celia and Lily, and his lovely wife Dr. Linda. His other interests include woodworking, snow skiing and fishing.